Thursday, December 10, 2009

Easy, Healthy Recipes

I thought I would share some of my favorite meals.

Veggie Omelet
I start with a drop of extra virgin olive oil in a pan.
I add chopped bell pepper, baby spinach and tomato.
Saute.
I then add 3-4 egg whites, lightly scramble and top with some fat free cheese and black pepper.

Yummy! Good protein, healthy fat, calcium, veggies and low cal :)

Vegan Delight
2 cups cooked brown rice
1 can rinsed black beans (or lentils)
1/2 a green pepper chopped up
1 tomato chopped up (grape or cherry tomatoes are even better)
black pepper to taste
Mix together and eat warm or cold (about 3 servings)

This combo is great for vegetarians since the rice and beans together deliver a complete protein. I love this meal and it is a favorite among my runners!

Tilapia Surprise
I pan sear tilapia fillets with olive oil, pepper, lemon juice and a little curry powder.
I top the fish with sliced avocado and a tsp salsa and serve with steamed peas or broccoli.

Super healthy and balanced meal !!

Doesn't this get you excited about eating healthy? :)

So my typical day would include one of the above meals, 2 or 3 IsaLean Shakes, a few raw almonds(or carrots) and maybe a couple Isadelight dark chocolates. Loving it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment