I read in an article this morning that 97% of women crave chocolate. Well that was comforting, since over the last couple of days I have had moments of craving something sweet and resisting having just ONE of my husband's Junior Mints (I think that is the only sweet thing in our house) is enough to drive me crazy. So what's up with these sudden cravings? For 3 weeks on this program my cravings have been totally diminished.
Troubleshooting #1 - For most of the last 3 weeks I have included Isadelights (dark chocolate) as part of my snacking options. They give me the feeling of being indulgent, curb cravings and boost my mood. Well I guess I didn't realize how valuable these little chocolate snacks were until being out for the last few days. After reading that stat I mentioned above it makes sense to include a little dark chocolate every day... and not feel guilty about it!!
Troubleshooting #2 - I have been wondering if I am getting enough water throughout the day. I was talking to my cleanse coach today about the cravings and she emphasized that not having enough water can stimulate cravings.
Conclusion - So the next time I feel those craving urges, drink a glass of water and include Isadelights as regular snacks. By the way, I did get in another box of Isadelights so I'm sure everything will be back to normal. I am also going to be more intentional about tracking my water intake over the day.
Talking about water, I feel like my weight loss has slowed a bit so increasing my water might be the boost to get me back on track. Never underestimate the power of proper hydration.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment