Thursday, November 26, 2009

Always Thankful...

"In all things give thanks"

I am definitely an advocate for the Attitude of Gratitude! Its easy to be thankful for the good things in life, but we are able to live at a whole new level when we are thankful for ALL things in our lives... yes, the good, the bad, and the ugly.

Here's the thing: Gaining weight, being overweight, not fitting into jeans, feeling self conscious, etc. just plain SUCKS, doesn't it? Well, I boldly proclaim today "Praise God for my struggles with weight!!!" I struggled with my weight in high school and college, but in overcoming it I became super passionate about fitness, running and nutrition. And because of the positive changes in my life I became passionate about helping other women overcome their health challenges.

I love the affirmation "Your greatest struggle will become your greatest victory." For me it has been more that my greatest struggle has become my greatest passion. Yes, I have experienced many victories in my health and fitness, but I have always had the underlying weight struggle.
So even though I am coming out of a tough few months, I give thanks more than ever. I love how my Father in Heaven allows the struggle to set me up for the greater victory. I honestly feel that all circumstances have brought me to a place emotionally and physically where I am on the home stretch of experiencing lasting victory!

I am so thankful that I found the information on this cleanse because it is exactly what I needed to get me out of the negative cycle that I was in and jump start me into a positive cycle. Thanks also to my wonderful coach who is helping me every step of the way. Her personal story and weight loss have inspired me.

The biggest reason that I am thankful for my struggles is that it gives me a platform to help others with similar challenges. I am able to relate first hand and then set an example for them to follow. My prayer is that this 30 day journey will inspire others to join me and experience their own victories. I believe in my success and I wholeheartedly believe in yours.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment