Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Confessions

The worst part about starting this cleanse was the daunting task of weighing myself. So I should probably spill the story behind this since most of you know me as the super fit and healthy Brigitte that I should be.

In March of this year I was feeling fabulous. I had run a marathon in February, my running business was amazingly rewarding and was feeling lean, fit and healthy. Then some things started falling apart around me. I'm not exactly sure why, but I had a hard time emotionally processing some things that were going on. I am embarrassed to confess that an emotional eating coping mechanism from my past reared its ugly head. This only further catapulted me into a negative emotional cycle. I immediately went to a therapist as well as a dietitian. Sadly, I think things got worse. My therapist thought this was a result of me being too pure and strict with my eating and encouraged me to relax a bit. Some suggestions were to not weigh myself, enjoy food, not count calories, protein, etc.

So fast forward to now. I have gained 20 lbs since March. My metabolism seems to be shot since even though I log 40 - 50 miles a week, I have not been able to lose this weight.

I remember a couple of weeks ago feeling so frustrated and defeated. I found myself in tears praying out to God for help. That night I walked into my gym and right in front of me was a table displaying some supplement type products. I was waiting for a couple of my runners so I strolled up to the table. I am always interested in finding good quality vitamins and supplements so I thought I would check it out. Well the lady at the table proceeds to tell me about cleansing and that she lost 24lbs in 30 days. A ray of hope shone on me that instant.

So here I am in my journey, starting a new chapter today... day 1 of my cleanse!

No comments:

Post a Comment