Thursday, November 26, 2009

A Healthy Thanksgiving

A lot of people thought I was crazy for starting a cleanse the day before Thanksgiving, the one day of the year that we pig out on turkey and pumpkin pie. Well, those of you who are around me a lot would definitely agree with the crazy comments. You see, my idea of fun is a 20 mile trail run... at 6am... and 20 degrees outside. Okay, okay, I digress. Back to Thanksgiving.

This is what I love about the Isagenix program. I can incorporate it into my regular lifestyle even during the holidays. I don't have to feel deprived and will still keep on track with my weight loss goals. So this is what my day looked like:

I woke up and made my shake. I added my Ionix drink mix that I usually drink separately because I was in a hurry and the shake tasted great. I then left for a 1 hour stadium climb workout. At about 11am I had a couple Isadelight chocolates because I was feeling like I needed to snack on something and knew that it was still going to be 2 or 3 hours before lunch. I think I am starting to like dark chocolate.

Fortunately I was preparing our Thanksgiving meal so I got to make some healthy modifications.
1. 99% lean turkey breast baked with olive oil, pepper and herbs
2. steamed sweet potato with cinnamon (about 1/2 a cup)
3. steamed carrots, peas and a little corn

I had another couple chocolates a little later. I guess it is one of those days where I have needed the boost. I have also drunk a lot of water today.

Sandy and I then went for a walk around the lake and for dinner I had a chocolate shake. I will have my Ionix drink a little later. Last night I mixed it with warm water so it was like sipping on pear flavored tea.

So almost done with day 2 and feeling great. Ready for a great day tomorrow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment